Wednesday, March 12, 2008

VEGAS BABY!!!!

In a couple of hours I will be on the road heading to Las Vegas. It will be a long 10+ hour drive packed in a vehicle. I remember the last road trip to Las Vegas I took. It was 8 years ago, yet it doesnt seem far enough in the past yet.

The trip consisted of my friends Larry and his wife (ex now), Matt and myself. I dont think Jen has ever recovered from the beef jerky and spicy pork rinds we consumed the whole way there. I think the hazmat suits had to exorcise that van when we were done with it.

Reminds me of a trip we took to Jackpot Nevada for my bachelor party. We rented a 16 person van and packed all the guys into it. We were young and stupid (now we are all just old and stupid) and thought it would be a great idea to also bring along a keg of beer. Hey, it was a bachelor party after all. So the entire way down there the passengers were drinking. The keg was near the front and my friend "B" was the tapmaster. Every time he went to take a drink of his beer the call would come in "Bitch, beer me!". The beer was poured, passed back, and then the closing call would come in "B - shut off the tap!"

Yes, "B" would pour the beer but forget to turn the tap off. It is never a good thing to step into the van you just rented, and hear splashing. The carpet of that van could have gotten a frat house drunk from the amount of beer that was poured onto it. Two good things to learn from this:

1) Don't get pulled over when your van smells like a vat
2) If they offer you the cleaning insurance/interior accident insurance - TAKE IT!

I will post some pictures from Vegas once I am settled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the pics brotha!!!

:-) Andrea