Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ahhhh bachelor life!

A few weeks ago my wife informed me that she was going to have to travel for work. She would be flying out on Monday morning for Las Vegas (damn her for not taking me!). Then from there she would be going to Portland and then on to Seattle (again I shall damn her!). She would be gone from Monday until Thursday late afternoon.

So, this past Monday I drove my wife to the airport and began my 4 days of bachelorhood. I had made arrangements for my parents to take my son Drew up to their cabin with them for the week. They would pick him up Tuesday morning and I would be home alone. No kid. No wife. Just me and the freedom to do whatever I wanted.

I can stay up as late as I want. I can sit in my chair and do nothing by play Warcraft all day long if I so choose. I can eat junk food, drink beer, not shower, watch hockey, play hockey, and not have to do any house work. It was going to be 4 days of me time. I was actually looking forward to this. I even went so far as to tell my boss that I would not be in on Wednesday or Thursday just so I can sit at home and enjoy my new found freedom.

I had big plans I tell you. This was going to be my week. I had plans, and they were not to be messed with. I was going to be the king of my domain!!!!!

It is Wednesday today, and I am at work. I played one game of hockey, had hockey on TV in the background while I did dishes, vaccumed, and did laundry. I was in bed by midnight both Monday and Tuesday nights, and more than likely will be tonight as well. There has been no beer consumption, and I made sandwiches for food, and left over pot roast my wife made. I did play a little warcraft, but only a couple hours worth.

I am no good on my own.

No comments: