Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Truth is Out There

So, after 10 years of silence from the Chris Carter camp, the announcement finally came on Wednesday October 31st.

The return of X-Files!


The announcement from Fox studios confirms that there WILL be a new X-Files movie and production is to begin this December. It appears that they are shooting for a late July 2008 release. There are not a lot of details about the plot line, but it was confirmed that Duchovny and Anderson are both in. This is great news for fans of the show, like myself.

You can read a short article about it at Yahoo. There isn't much to the article, but hey if you don't want to believe me go read it.

I wonder if this came about due to Duchovny's new show Californication doing so well? I just finished watching the first season and I must say...I am hooked. For those of you who have not watched this yet...SHAME, I say SHAME on you. This is one of those shows that is a must see if you like shows that deliver wonderful characters, great plot twists, and pushes the boundaries of acceptable.





The show is centered around Duchovny's character Hank Moody. Hank is a writer, or as he likes to call it Non-practicing writer, who seems to be on a self destruct path. He has an ex-girlfriend with whom he has a preteen daughter. The ex is living with, and engaged to the man she left Hank for. Hank seems to be obsessed with sleeping with every hot girl he meets, drinks too much, smokes too much, and all the while is still madly in love with, and trying to win back his ex. You then add in his agent and his strange relationship with his secretary, and the agents wife who is just a few choice words away from a truck driver. Top this off with the ex's boyfriend's 16 year old sex crazed daughter who has a dark secret about Hank...and you get some fantastic stories.

Bottom line - GO WATCH CALIFORNICATION!

Okay, back to X-Files. I am really looking forward to a new installment in this franchise. For me once Mulder, or Scully left the show it was over. This proved so true when Duchovny left the show. Yes I know he came back in a few episodes, but it wasnt the same. Don't get me wrong, I thought Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish did a fantastic job filling in those shoes, but it wasnt X-Files any more. I dont think I even watched the last season in full due to this.

The good news about the new movie is that it is all the original cast. The script was written by series veteran Frank Spotnitz and series creater Chris Carter. Carter is also set to direct this so it should be more along the lines of the first season.

I can't wait!

NEW!!!!!

This day just gets better and better. My wife just found an article that says FOX has just picked up a 7 episode season of a new Joss Whedon series called Dollhouse. You can read the article HERE!

Joss Whedon AND Eliza Dushku again? It took me several years AFTER season 7 to finally force myself to watch Buffy. It took me about 4 episodes and I was hooked. I never watched it when it was on because I thought way they show was done was too cheesy. After finishing all 7 season I take back everything negative I ever said about the show. In typical Joss fashion...the characters were very interesting and engrossing, and the plot and stories were fun.

This is going to be a must watch for me. Firefly was one of the greatest shows to come along in a long time. This show was cut way too short. I still hold out hope that we might see another Firefly movie, or better yet that Sci-Fi channel might pick it up. I know this is a pipe dream at this poing, but at least we have some good news that Joss is doing something new.

I have also been reading Joss's Astonishing X-Men, Runaways, and his season 8 Buffy comic series. I am a huge fan of his writing and his characters.

And just to get the hype going for me....I present Eliza:





No comments: