Thursday, June 19, 2008

War of the Spider Queen

Yeah okay, so I am way behind on my novel reading. I am a huge fan of R.A. Salvatore. I enjoyed all of his Drizzt books, and especially loved the Demon War series. I finally decided it was time to jump back into reading and picked up Dissolution. Yes this book came out a while ago and I am just now getting to it.

Dissolution is book 1 of the War of the Spider Queen series. This particular book was written by Richard Lee Byers, whom I have personally never read. I thought it would be a nice change to see what another author can do with the city of Menzoberrazan. The city, and the hiarchy of the dark elf society was always very interesting to me, so hopefully this book will expand on that.

I have been an avid D&D player since I picked up my first basic rules box set back in 1983. Out of all the gaming I have done in my day, Forgotten Realms was always my favorite setting. While shopping I noticed that there are a ton of books out now set in this world. I may have to do some looking at new writers and see if I can find something I like.

Anyways, because the cover to Dissolution is really nice I thought I would post it. Cover art by Brom!

No comments: