Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today is the day Cybertron Falls! Or Drew saves the day - whichever comes first.

Things really do come full circle don't they?  I remember when I was a LOT younger thinking that the Transformers were pretty cool.  I used to watch the cartoons all the time, and even collected some of the figures back then.  My main interest and collecting was comics and Star Wars figures so my Transformers was mainly just the shows.

Here we are, 30 years later and it puts a smile on my face each day watching my son get all excited about Transformers.  His whole room is decked out in posters, wall stickers, pillow, blanket, and of course the 10 gazillion figures he has now.  Everything is Transformers for him.  While I thought the new movies were okay at best, he loves them.  This also translates into his video game playing.  He has purchsed every Transformers movie game that has been release so far.  He has finished each of these so many times I lost count.  He also picked up the War for Cybertron game when it came out and finished that in record time.

So last night he says to me, at 7:30pm, "Dad, I am going to go to bed early tonight so that it gets over with fast and I can play my new game".  Then this moring he is up at 6:30am ready to go.  He knows he wont get the game until I can swing by Game Stop and pick up his preorder at lunch and bring it to him.  He is beyond excited.

I am sure by the time I get home tonight Cybertron will be in a full on state of robot enduced destruction and ruin.  I will get a complete play by play of how he defeated each Decepticon and which Autobot he did it with. 

Yup, its going to be a great night listening to him.  It takes me back to when I was a kid and got this excited about a new Star Wars toy.





No comments: