Friday, February 15, 2008

I've been cloned!

To begin the Clone Wars have.

Our story so far:

My son, Drew, left on Monday afternoon to head up to the cabin with his grandparents. He just got back last night, and that is when the realization of my cloning finally sunk in.

Here are the list of things that Drew is "in" to:

Transformers (it's all about Bumblebee and Optimus Prime)
Star Wars
Video Games (did I mention that his favorite games are...yup Transformers and Star Wars)
Ghost Hunters (yes he is 5 and thinks this is the greatest show to ever grace the television)
IPod (he has officially taken over my wife's Ipod as his now)
Skiing
Hockey

Here is a list of things that I was "in" to when I was a kid (and yes I can sorta remember that long ago thank you very much!):

Transformers (granted I was in high school when these were "in")
Star Wars
Video Games (go go Atari 2600 - PONG BABY!)
Ghost Stories (they didnt have cool shows about this stuff back then)
Walkmans (I was a bit older when these came out - but still long before the CD was even invented)
Skiing
Hockey

I know that everyone says your kids will be interested in the same things that you are, but come on. It isnt that he is just interested in them, he is OBSESSED with them. It is like watching a time portal replaying portions of my life as a child. Just like I did, he knows all the Transformers, what they transform into, which side they are on, and who defeats who and when. He knows all the Star Wars characters and even knows the lines from the movies. He has not gotten to the point where he puts on mini Star Wars reproduction plays in our living room, but he has managed to recreate the fight scenes with his lightsabers. Our cats are forever scared I am sure.

Dr. Evil has nothing on this Mini Me!

I have officially been cloned.

No comments: