Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pucks & Nets - Two things I can't make go together

I am sitting here at work having just finished my first of 2 hockey games today. We played at 10:00am today, and let's just say it didn't so much work out in our favor.

Final score? 7 to 1.

As I sit here pondering the complexity of the game I think I have figured something out. Our team is just not that good. Okay let me rephrase that. Every person on our team is actually a really good player. When we get on the ice, we are just 5 guys in matching uniforms. Actually now that I think about it we usually dont have matching uniforms. We just make sure we all have 1 dark and 1 light colored jersey. It's all about color coordination on the ice you know. We definately dont play as a TEAM. We pass. We have lines. We shoot. We just dont seem to click. That and putting the puck into the back of the net seems to be a major problem for us. Guess that makes it hard to win games doesnt it.

I watch the other teams when I am on the bench, and I see how they cycle the puck, use their points, and crash the net. These are all things we just dont seem to be able to do. Every one of us knows the game, the positions, the plays...yet we get on the ice and its like....well you know. It is like a bunch of guys standing around deep in conversation and beautiful woman walks buy in revealing clothing. Our brains just shut off. We cant help it. I think that is what happens to our team when we get on the ice. Instead of a beautiful woman wearing next to nothing, it is a little black solidified piece of vulcanized plastic. Okay I just confused myself. Puck.....half naked woman. Yeah, that makes sense.

I keep reminding myself that this all is supposed to be fun. Help me remember that!

The good thing is this was the last game of the season for this team. I play on another team that has its last game tonight. This team is doing a little better as far as win/loss goes.

I hope that beautiful half naked woman doesnt show up tonight. Or wait, was that a puck that flustered us.

(oh yeah, did I mention my back hurts, my legs are jello, and my arms are spent? Yup, old age sucks.)

I am also heading down to Las Vegas the 12th to the 16th of March for a hockey tournament. Sounds dangerous. A bunch of hockey players, in Vegas, renting a 3800 square foot house complete with hot tub, pool, game room, no wives (unless mine decides to go) lots of beer, strip clubs, gambling, and while we are there we might toss in a couple games since we paid for the tournament. I can hear a hang over coming.

I am just looking for a good night sleep tonight. That might be a challenge with Drew and Mazie around. I do think our new puppy is slowing starting to get the whole "Dont pee on my floor" thing down. What puppy you ask? Read my wife's blog as part of a weekly reading program and get up to speed. Otherwise, just work with me here.

1 comment:

Jayna Shaye said...

I love watching your games whether you win or not. You are HOT and it is awesome watching you skate!

I love you!