Thursday, May 1, 2008

I am way to smart for this place!

I know it has been said that one should never blog about ones work. Well, I am not one who has been very good at following the rules of what to and not to do. So here is my work post.

I work for a large grocery store chain in their IT department. The story does not require I give out names, locations, positions (other than my supervisor) and anything else about the workplace. Just roll with it.

My shift is 3 on, 4 off, then 4 on and 3 off. I work 12 hour days so when there is nothing going on the time just drags by. Well, we have this supervisor who works the same shift as we do that (for lack of a better phrase) is completely clueless. I say this not in the metaphorical sense, but in the literal sense. He really has no clue that the things he says and does are just rediculous. Example:

Our work day starts at 7am. When we are on our 4 day work week that means we work Saturday and Sunday morning. AT 7 AM START TIME! So, every other weekend we are here working like good little monkeys. This supervisor, EVERY weekend we work comes strolling in anywhere from 9:30 to noonish, if he even shows up at all. When confronted by us about why he cant be on time like the rest of us his response has been the following:

"You see, the hours I work are like a bank. Sometimes I make a deposit of more than 40 hours, and sometimes I withdraw hours and only work 35 hours." (note on this - nobody here has ever been witness to this guy ever, I repeat EVER working 40 hours in a week, let alone MORE than that. So according to his logic he owed the bank a huge loan payment)

A week or so ago I am sitting here at work with nothing to do. This isnt that unusual for my position. So anyways...My coworker and I are just sitting here talking when in walks said supervisor, 3 hours late for work, and the first thing he does is stands by his desk, pulls out an apple and says "You guys know that I am just way to smart to be working here? I am just way to smart for this place." We look at each other like "what the fuck?" and turn back to say something to him and freeze.

This is the part that is so ironic. The guy who just walked in late for work proclaiming his superior intellect is sitting at his desk attempting to slice his whole apple with.............a plastic spoon.

Yes, it is official........I work with idiots. The only thing that I can say to this spectical is:

1 comment:

Peanut said...

That is beyond fantastic.