Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pizza & Ghost Hunters - it's a tradition (or something)

Wednesday nights have become my favorite night of the week. One would think it would be my least favorite night due to this being the start of my work week. Nope, it has crept it's way to the top of my list. Why? Well duh, it's the tradition - get with the program.

I really don't know where this all got started. Jayna and I started watching the show Ghost Hunters on SciFi. Well we started watching it a while ago but that really isn't important. Somewhere along the way the little Drewman got to watch an episode. Ever since then it has been "Daddy, I wanna watch Ghost Hunters." So we started setting the DVR to catch it weekly. This lead to the "I don't want to cook tonight so let's order a pizza and watch it." This of course worked it's way into every week on Wednesday we order pizza and watch the show.

The part that makes this my favorite night of the week is Drew. He gets so excited that it is Ghost Hunter night. He wakes up every Wednesday and the first thing out of his mouth is "It's Ghost Hunter night!" No "Good morning mommy and daddy" or maybe something like "I love you". Nope, it's all about the Ghost Hunters. This is followed shortly by "Do I have to go to school today?" He calls his daycare his school since he doesn't actually start kindergarten until this fall. What I find funny about this whole thing is the fact that Drew can remember every Wednesday a new Ghost Hunters is on. Yet he has absolutely no clue that EVERY Wednesday he also goes to school. Not even at the start of his academic career and he is blocking out school.

So, last night was a repeat episode. Drew doesn't care, he watches as if it is the first time he has ever seen it. The look in his eyes, the laughter, the jumping up and down, and basically everything about his reaction makes this the greatest night of the week. He can tell you what episode was the most scary, where they went, what they found, and where they are going next. He cant remember to let the dog in, he can not be troubled with such trivial things.

Oh yeah, and he has informed me that when he gets older he is going to be a Ghost Hunter. So Drew will be the worlds first:

Ghost-Hunting, transforming, space ship piloting, movie staring, race car driving hockey player

No comments: