Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I can finally talk about it

I hate the Colorado Avalanche.

Okay there, I said it...I still don't feel better. I was so happy in round 1 of the playoff when they took out Minnesota Wild to move on. Then they met the Detroit Red Wings. In all my years as a fan of, and player of hockey there has never been a team I disliked as much as the Red Wings. Well okay, the Dallas Stars come in a pretty close second, but the Red Wings?

Have you ever watched the show Fear Factor? I always found that show amusing when they got the the second "stunt" of the show. Without fail it always involved some kind of eating of things sane people would not eat. You know, 2 year old cow bladders stuffed with a light breading made up of mashed stink beetles and mold, and nice shot glass of cow bile to wash it down. This was not so much a "stunt" as it was a test of gag reflex. Anyways...I would rather do something like this than ever say I enjoyed watching the Red Wings.

Yeah so, Red Wings took my Avalanche out back and bitch slapped them so hard they will be lucky to even make it to the start of next season. Took my boys out in 4 games. The thing about this that makes me the most upset is the way the Avs played. I was trying like mad at the start of game 3 to see faces to make sure the Avs even showed up to play. Did it help that Forsberg was injured (as if that is anything new) and Ryan Smith went out as well? Not so much. If the Avalanche had played the series like they played game 1, things might have been different.

Who in their right mind would continue, after game 2, to play Theodore? The Red Wings had his number and they were calling it all night, every night. The start of game 3 should have seen Budaj in the net. I have never been a fan of Theodore, even after he started stepping his game up this last season.

Can we just get Aebischer back? I really liked this kid and wish Quinvillle would have giving him more of a chance. Since that isnt going to happen, then get Budaj back in the net and let Theodore think about his "outstanding" display in round 2 this year. Oh yeah, and to the rest of the Avalanche here are some pointers you should take into next season to work on:

1) Don't let the other team beat you to the puck EVERY time.
2) Don't let people just stand around the front of the net wide open.
3) Skate 120% every time you touch the ice.
4) Shoot on net more
5) Skate 120% every time you touch the ice

and finally did I mention you need to SKATE LIKE YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY WIN!!!! ?

Okay, rant off.

The good thing is that we still have the Penguins and Flyers. I have always liked these two teams so it is a good match up to watch. Either way I am happy with who wins here. Even more so because the other match up is the Stars and Red Wings. So my two least favorite teams will produce a LOSS for one of them. That is always a good thing. That, and one of the teams I like will meet one I hate in the finals.

GO PENGUINS

GO FLYERS

GO AVALANCHE (back to practice and learn how to play in a playoff series)

No comments: