Thursday, October 9, 2008

Avalanche playing tonight VS. Boston Bruins

I love the start of the NHL season. I REALLY love the start of the season when my team plays the first official night. They are really starting this year off with a bang it looks like.

Sarah Palin will be dropping the puck at the Flyers vs. Rangers game tonight.

The NHL is kicking off the 2008-09 season with an event called "NHL Face Off Rocks". This event will take place at the Fox Theater in Detroit with the band Def Leppard.

In Montreal Canada the "Face Off Rocks" party is taking place at Place des Arts with Alanis Morissette.

They are really trying to attract people to watching this season. I have always been a die hard hockey fan. I guess I just cant understand why Hockey is not one of the top 3 sports in this country. It is fast paced, energetic, hard hitting, and simply the most exciting game to watch live. Is it because you can only pronounce about 10 players names without some kind of international language degree? Is it because the number of goals is small? Hell I don't know, but I do know that it really is one of the greatest sports out there. If you have not watched a hockey game before - START. Dont worry about the rules yet - just watch and see how fast these guys move. How hard they hit. Most of all, remember that when they line up for a slap shot some of these guys are able to get that puck moving at over 100 miles per hour.

Of course I have to end this with a mandatory...

GO AVALANCHE!

No comments: