Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fuck Hollywood!

I mean it. Fuck Hollywood.

I mean seriously...is there any studio exec that actually has an orignal thought or are they all tied together like the Borg collective?

The latest brilliant idea to come out of these fuckwits is the planned remake of "Angel Heart."



If you have not seen this movie you need to see it. The film stars Mickey Rourke as Harry Angel. Angel is a detective who is hired by Louis Cypher (Robert DiNero) to track down a musician who broke a contract with Cypher. The film also stars Lisa Bonet and caused a big stir with it's graphic sex scene.



This film is one of my favorite films and my top Mickey Rourke film of all. He is simply amazing. This ranks up there with his performance in Barfly for me. Say what you want about him now, back in the day he was amazing. Okay he is still amazing as an actor - when he decides to pick actual good movies to be in.



Anyways. It appears that New Line execs (fucktards) Michael De Luca, Alison Rosenzweig and Michael Gaeta have purchased the remake rights to the film from some UK firm. They also picked up the rights to the book Fallen Angel by William Hjortsberg. This is the book the Mickey Rourke film was based off of.

There is just no way this remake can even come close to compairing with the original. To some extent I would classify it right up there with the remake of Psycho. There are some things you just dont fuck with, and Hitchcock is one of them. They are probably going to get some Michael Bay wannabe tard who is going to turn this thriller into some kind of action flick using washed up Matrix style shots with "inventive" new camera angles and shitty color filters and fuzzy focus.

They will probably get some pretty boy actor like Shia to play Harry, with Miley Cyrus in the Lisa Boney role (oh yeah and they will NOT include the graphic sex scene) - and then someone like Sean William Scott playing Cypher. Oh god - I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

These half-wit, money hungry, no talent assclowns couldnt form an original idea if they had to. This remake is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Oh, and just to twist the blade and rub salt in the wound this created in me...here is a list of other planned remakes:

Conan The Barbarian

Friday the 13th

Hellraiser (grrrr this one almost pisses me off as much as Angel Heart)

The Birds (again - dont fuck with Hitchcock)

Escape from New York (oh fuck me NOOOOOOOOOOO!)

The Thing (what is with screwing with Kurt Russel/John Carpenter classics?)

No comments: