Friday, October 10, 2008

I now pronounce you Def and Clueless Leppard

Last night I got home from work in time to catch the last part of the "Rock the Face Off" I mentioned in an earlier post. Here are some suggestions I have for Def Leppard.

1 - FIRE YOUR SOUND GUY!
- Seriously. The mix was absolutley terrible. Joe Elliott sounded like he was trying to sing his way out of a huge cardboard box filled with pudding. Whoever was doing the mixing for the mic needs to stop standing next to the speakers. It has severly damaged their ability to hear, let alone provide a good sound mix.

2 - KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THE STANLEY CUP IS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP TO SING FOR THE NHL
- I know Hockey is not a huge sport in Sheffield you blokes, but do some fucking research. It was completely insulting to watch Joe take the cup, set it down like he was so honored to be even holding it - AND THEN SET IT DOWN UPSIDE FUCKING DOWN! If all the stars were to align in the perfect cosmic position that resulted in anyone from Def Leppard actually reading this blog I hope it will inspire them to spend even 5 minutes researching what they are promoting.



3 - IF YOU HAVE MAN BOOBS...BUTTON YOUR SHIRT
- I know at one point in the late 70's and early 80's there was an entire small country worth of females who wanted to ride the Def Leppard trouser train. I know at some point you guys were one of the biggest, hottest bands out there. I also know that at a certain point in your career you have to take a step back and say "Wow, I have gotten old. I look like I have man boobs and a gut. Nobody wants to see that so maybe I can just cover it up."


Now, my note to the NHL.

Next time you are going to do a huge party before the start of the season...hire entertainers who actually know ANYTHING about Hockey. When asked about placing the cup upside down Joe Elliott responds with "How are we supposed to know, we are soccor boys."

Are you trying to bring the NHL all the way down to the bottom? No? Then stop doing stupid shit every year that seems like you are.

Maybe they need to hire a NHL fan to run their promotions. Maybe then the promotions might actually make Hockey look good.

Okay, my ranting is done. Maybe its because my AVS lost last night.

No comments: